Saturday, November 22, 2014

1900 Pinkerton US Detective Agency Badge : Old West Collectibles at GunBroker.com

DMZ_Collectibles_1945 on Gunbroker.com
Here is a little free advertising for this seller. A nice Pinkerton badge and documents. Although fakes and reproduction badges are common, this one looks to be authentic. I don't see these very often and for now will have to make due with just a photograph. Too rich for my wallet unless maybe it had James McParland's or Charlie Siringo's name on those documents. Nonetheless, a nice period piece directly connected to the Pinkerton's, the likes of which, with agents such as McParland and Siringo, played a major role in events depicted on this blog.

Go check it out. And let me know if you buy it!
1900 Pinkerton US Detective Agency Badge : Old West Collectibles at GunBroker.com





dick1l on Gunbroker.com


While I am browsing Gunbroker, I might as well add this nickel and gold Idaho 1911 that comes to us from a seller in Blackfoot, Idaho. 
Auto Ordnance NRA 1911 Idaho #2 (no longer an active link).

Goes nice with the badge!

(links will probably not be active for any extended period)

1 comment:

Tierlieb said...

Hi, I came across this post searching for Pinkerton badges from around 1890 to 1900.
Since I am just started getting into the topic, I wondered: What made you pick this one as probably authentic? What is a good source for this kind of information?

I found a bunch of reproductions that seem to be struck and have the indentations enamelled like this, while the original badge of Allan Pinkerton is a typical engraving and the well known one with the famous "we never sleep" seems like cast bronze (or some other yellow-metal alloy).

Thanks in advance for your help.