Thursday, November 26, 2015

Thanksgiving Flashback

I am taking the easy way out again and posting a Thanksgiving Flashback of previous posts. You will see familiar items, including this now almost traditional photo of the turkey herd at the Old Idaho Pen that comes from a November 1924 Nature Magazine I acquired a few years ago.

I may get back to add a few items later.

Have a safe and great day/weekend everybody!
JTR Collection

I said I would probably be back for an addendum!

A person I got acquainted with on Find A Grave has done many entries for Steunenberg kinfolk and 1000's of others. I am not into it as are those who document many grave sites/deaths as a hobby but it is a good resources for information and of course memorials. I have posted a few pictures from time to time on some of our family member pages. This gentleman who did all the Steunenberg's had asked if I would take over the assignment/maintenance from him. I agreed to do so. Not a big deal as he did all the work but it gives me more control over what can be added without having to request permission each time. My name, email and blog links also now appear for others to use that might have information or wish to comment but with whom we don't have regular contact. I was reminiscing  about our T-days as kids, mom, and how I miss her along with that turkey, dressing, mash potatoes and gravy. Fittingly, he just transferred her page over to me a few minutes ago on this Thanksgiving Day. I always give thanks for having such a great mom!
Mom Brenda & John on
 a bright sunny day by the bay.

Brenda Ruth Steunenberg Richards (1918 - 2010) - Find A Grave Memorial

No comments: