Monday, December 28, 2015

Boise and the Treasure Valley History on Facebook

If you are looking for Idaho related history, I recommend you hook up with Bryan and the group he started on Facebook at Boise and the Treasure Valley History. I am not much for Facebook so was a bit slow to jump in but here you will find a lot of knowledgeable folks always willing to help. No, you don't have to make everybody your "Facebook Friend" but will find a whole group of them anyway. For us out of towners, with an insatiable appetite for Idaho history, it is invaluable to have access to those who live and/or grew up there and can share their family experiences. Many can put eyes on local sites those of us far away don't always get to visit very often. Just look at this example of the responses to a photo I posted of St. Alphonsus Hospital in Boise.
"Big crowds here on account of Haywood trial 6/14/07"
Now I don't always expect to have that much interest but I did get my questioned answered as to where the building was located, discovered it had existed much longer then I expected and at least half the group must have been born there! So mosey on over, check out Boise and the Treasure Valley History and sign on if interested.

Here is my original Steunenberg/Idaho Meanderings blog entry where I had posted this photo and some from the Haywood trial.

No comments: