Monday, April 29, 2013

Harry Orchard's Colt Army?


Here are a few photographs of a Colt Single Action Army that allegedly belonged to Harry Orchard. I became aware of it several years ago after it sold in a James Julia auction. You have read about it elsewhere on this blog.

Sunday, May 29, 2011
Harry Orchard's Colt? Who are P.R.Edington & Rev. Marshall F. Montgomery? Is there an Idaho Pen link? Email if you know these names or have any info.

Saturday, March 6, 2010
Where is Harry Orchard's Colt Single Action Army? Who has it?

Immediately below is the auction description. Unfortunately, it was post-auction when I found it or I might have had this Colt in my gun safe today. However, I was pleased to have the current owner come forth, contact me and provide information and the photographs in this post. I sincerely thank him for doing so. These are the first photographs I have seen of the actual revolver and permission has been granted to publish them here. The auction listing describes the revolver and associated items that were with it.

As a courtesy to the owner, I am not using any names or providing their contact information.  However, we would love to hear your comments, obtain information on this particular gun, previous owners, connections to Orchard, possible sale by Orchard to an Idaho penitentiary warden, guard, etc. Please feel free to email me at: john.t.richards@sbcglobal.net
 
 
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i still have this for sale..

John T. Richards said...

Good to hear from you! I have tried to make contact in recent years to the last email I had on record. Was not successful. Would like to get some good photos and copies of all available documentation and chain of ownership information. Thanks, John

John T. Richards said...

Let me know how I can contact you. Thanks. My email is: john.t.richards@sbcglobal.net