Sunday, March 21, 2010

Brenda Steunenberg Richards

Brenda Steunenberg circa 1921
Caldwell, ID



Dear Friends and Family:

I wanted to let those friends and relatives that are not nearby or in regular contact know that my mother, Brenda Steunenberg Richards, quietly passed away early this morning (Sunday). She is now with her brother Cal and her parents Julian and Francis and the rest of the clan that have come and gone before us.

Mom has been in nursing care for about four months. I last saw her just yesterday and peeked around the corner of her room before going in. She was begging over and over “dear lord please take me.” She even ask “John, please help me go” but then would say I can’t, as she “didn’t want me to get in any trouble.” She did the same with my sister Kris. Leave it to Mom to always think first about keeping us out of trouble. I was very troubled thinking of her laying there begging to go and am at peace that she has passed away and that her prayer was answered. We were as prepared as one can be at such a time.

My father is in the hospital after a fall and striking his head last week so we are coping with that too. I informed him shortly after the nursing home called and was up to the hospital today to see him.

I will most likely write more about my mother once a little time passes. Arrangements are pending. Mom will be cremated and we will celebrate her life at a later date. She did not want any formal services.

With love and regards from my mother and all our family to all of you,

John

1 comment:

Tara A. Rowe said...

My condolences on your loss, John.