Friday, August 19, 2011

Flashback - Before & After the Bunker Hill & Sullivan Mill "Wreck"

I been plugging along at this blog now for going on four years and sometimes it gets hard to find items that are buried deep in the archives. I try to link the older related posts to new ones and every now and then go searching for a specific item for reference purposes. Occasionally I am going to start posting these older items of interest as a "Flashback" since I have gone to the trouble of locating it anyway. If you are looking for a particular topic, use the "Search This Blog" tool powered by Google that is in the left had column (NOT the Blogger search at the top left of the page) just below my profile. That way I make you look at my Idaho pen mugshot too. The search will give you a list related to whatever subject/term you enter....or just ask me for help.

I was thinking of the post below after recently finding and purchasing another "Before the Wreck" post card. I have several of each now and going to do up some double post card frames with the before and after shots (before is actually the harder one to find).

Click on the photograph below to enlarge and on the first blog link to see the "After the Wreck" picture and the second one to see what is waiting if any more trouble occurs.

Sunday, November 16, 2008: April 28th and 29th, 1899 - INSURRECTION IS PROCLAIMED/SIXTY RIOTERS ARRESTED

Saturday, March 14, 2009: June 29, 1899 - WARM RECEPTION WAITING-GATLING GUN TO GUARD THE BUNKER HILL MILL

Couple other related websites below.

University Of Washington Library Digital Collections

From Statehouse to Bull Pen

No comments: