Friday, July 5, 2013

Fred Stocks, 1934 ~ 2013

Fred at the sawmill
I learned from cousin Bill Crookham this week that Fred Stocks, husband of my cousin Brenda Steunenberg Knowles Stocks (my mom Brenda's namesake), had passed away after a long battle with Alzheimer's. Although I did not know Fred well or get to see him very often over the years, I am pleased we had the opportunity to visit a few short years ago when he and Brenda traveled from Le Sal, UT to the residence of my father & mother, John Sr. & Brenda Steunenberg Richards, in Paso Robles, CA. Cousin Brenda's father and mother were Abe Knowles & Doris Steunenberg Knowles, Doris being my mothers older sister and one of the five children of Francis and Julian Steunenberg. Click on the obituary below to read about Fred.

Fred Stocks, 1934 ~ 2013: Fred K. Stocks, age 78, passed away at Moab Regional Hospital on June 10, 2013, in Moab, Utah, after an extended battle with Alzheimers. He was born Oct. 13, 1934, in Moab. He was the second of...

No comments: