Monday, April 14, 2008

National Capital Centennial - Program from 1900

This is a copy (?) I acquired of the program from the Washington, D.C. centennial celebration on December 12, 1900 that was attended by Governor Frank Steunenberg. For information on the centennial you can go to: Celebration of the One-Hundredth Anniversary of the Establishment of the Seat of Government in the District of Columbia

You will want to refer back to my 12/27/07 post that shows the original centennial medal belonging to Governor Steunenberg and explains how this lost item found its way back into the family. I will go ahead and include those pics again below since the medal goes hand in hand with the program. The front and back is shown on page one (1) below. You will also see Idaho and the Governor's name listed along with the other state/territorial governors on page six (6). Each received one of the commemorative medals.

I am not sure what to make of this program. The program itself is about 7 1/2" X 5" and what I expected was a photocopy made on heavy stock of about 11 1/2" X 9 1/4". I did not expect it to be a fully embossed version. Who, when, why it was done that way I don't know. Maybe an uncut original? I picked it up for a song from a seller of paper and empheria that could not sell it so I offered a few bucks rather then see it go into the trash. Figured I was doing them a favor and could always use another copy. I have copies of the program but not with the gold and color embossing. If anyone has any information out there then let me know. The scans are of the actual program size only. Click to enlarge the pics (may have to to back and then click again before they open).


...............1....................................2...............................3


..............4....................................5.................................6

/>

No comments: